comments

please share any ideas or comments you have!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Perfect Fit.

I met with Dr. Iris Orbuch yesterday. She is wonderful! She completely supports the Endo-Diet, she is against hormone replacements like birth-control and especially Lupron in regards to endo. She is 100% focused on Endometriosis and Laporoscopy procedure to treat it. She is rather advanced on the techniques used as far as getting to and cutting out the root of the enodmetriosis, supposed to just cutting, cauterizing or lasering the exposed. Meanwhile, I will getting a sonograms of the whole pelvic floor area. Also I will be seeing Dr. Greg Haber, who is a gastroenterologist at Lenox hospital, and specialized in ultrasounds in the pelvic, rectum area. He will be able to help identify where the endometriosis (scar tissue) is on my rectum and bladder area and give Dr. Orbuch a better idea of where and what is going on inside me so there are "no surprises" when she cuts me open. She wants to "go in once, do it right and get it all". I will also start pelvis floor physical therapy. I guess this area, after chronic pain, the nerves and muscles all become out of whack. This will help relax the irritated muscles, restore the nerve endings and help my body return to a happy state. SO, all in all, the surgery will only relieve 40-60% of the pain, physical therapy and diet should cover the other 60-40%!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - sounds like a wonderful doctor who definitely knows what she's doing. I'll keep you in my prayers. When is your surgery? Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a date for surgery? We will be praying for you! Awesome idea for them to do the sono first so they can see the nature of the beast before attempting to slay it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure of surgery date yet. I was hoping to find cheap tickets to UT, so I could recover there while my kids played with their cousins.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete